Meatless Monday

Hope you all have had a fabulous Monday! It actually didn't rain today! What a shocker! So Monday's around Fashion meets Food are going to be a little different... they're going to be MEATLESS! Yes Monday's at Fashion meets Food are officially Meatless Mondays. No I will not eat tofu - just the thought of tofu is making me gag.

Here is some of my reasoning as to why I am going
Meatless on Monday


• On low-meat or vegetarian diets you usually have significantly lower body weight. (No I am not going vegetarian I love chicken!)

•Plant-based foods are usually a good source of fiber. Which makes you feel full with fewer calories.

• Less saturated fats

• Plant-based diets reduce the risk of diabetes and it runs in my family.

• May help get me off my plateau and lose some weight before the wedding


Don't forget I have $30 to Kroger up for grabs so be sure to enter!




Breakfast

Gluten-Free blueberry pancakes.


I got the pancake recipe from The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, and just added some blueberries


Gluten-Free Pancakes

2 large eggs
1/4 c. agave nectar
1 T. vanilla extract
1/4 c. water
1 1/2 c. almond flour (Mine is from Honeyville and is out of this world)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 T. arrowroot powder (I used baking powder)
2 T. grapeseed oil
I added blueberries



{drank a ton of this}


{sidewalk chalk art}


{ate a lot of this for lunch}





{at half of a veggie delite sub from Subway. Wheat 6 inch sub, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pickle, green pepper little bit of honey mustard}




{Doctor Kracker for dessert... yum! These are my new favorite krackers and with some chocolate on the bottom... LOVE IT!}


Tonight the boy and I got invited to a "Eat and be Poolside" Party. I decided that I didn't want to be tempted by all the food, but I would make an appetizer to bring. Hungry Girl has a new book out called "Happy Hour." The book contains a lot of fabulous drinks that are low calorie, but you can't just have drinks you need some food as well. So there is a chapter on "Party Foods" I decided to make "De-Pudged Pigs in a Blanket" and have the boy drop them off at the par-tay. I also made a pitcher of a fabulous drink from the book... but you have to wait until tomorrow to see that one :]


How delish do these bad boys look?




Hungry-Girl calls for fat-free or nearly fat-free hot dogs with about 45 calories such as Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Beef Franks. However while I was at the store I found some fat-free lil't wieners! Five of them come out to be 45 calories! Also I got store brand reduced fat crescent refrigerated dough. Not because I am cheap, but because they didn't have Pillsbury.


One crescent triangle will become four pieces




De-Pudged Pigs in a Blanket

Ingredients
• 8 fat-free or nearly fat-free franks with about 45 calories each (Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Franks) I used fat-free lil wieners (5 were 45 calories)

• 1 package Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent refrigerated dough (I used reduced-fat store brand crescent rolls)

Directions

•Preheat oven to 375 degrees
• Cut each hot dog into 4 even pieces. Set aside. (no cutting with lil wieners)
•Take one of the eight triangle-shaped portions of the dough and stretch or roll it out slightly, making it into a larger triangle. Then, cut this piece of dough into four long, narrow triangles.
•Beginning at the base of each of the triangles, roll one hot dog piece (or lil wiener) up in each until the point of the triangle wraps around the center. Place your blanketed pigs on a large, ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients, so that you have 32 pigs in a blanket. Be sure to evenly space them, as the dough will expand while baking.
• Place sheet in the oven, and cook for about 12 minutes, until dough appears slightly browned and crispy. (mine only took 9 minutes)

PS no I didn't eat any!

Have a fabulous evening!

xo