Zucchini Pancakes

As you may have read last Monday - I have decided to embark on a new journey. Monday's will be Meatless! I am not a huge meat fan , but can never see myself going completely meatless. However after moving from Michigan to Pennsylvania I have noticed a serious difference in meat products. Michigan has a lot of laws about meat, and other states do not as you could get random animal parts in your burger. It has just really started to gross me out. So going meatless on Monday's sounded like a fabulous idea. I also want to incorporate more meatless days into my week.

Every Monday I will post at least one Meatless Monday recipe. If you have any meatless recipes that you would like shown on Fashion meets Food, please feel free to email me!

Today's Meatless Monday Recipe is
Zucchini Pancakes








Zucchini Pancakes

Zucchini season is here... at least in PA since I found some fabulous zucchini last Thursday at the Farmer's Market.

  • 2 medium zucchini, grated
  • fresh chives (I cut up about 11-15)
  • 1 egg and 1 egg white
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 7 tbsp. whole wheat flour
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • nonstick cooking spray
Grate zucchini using the large holes of a cheese grater and place in a large bowl.
Add flour chives, eggs (make sure they have been whipped first), parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray to cover pan.
Drop tablespoons of the batter into the skillet. Press to flatten out like a pancake as it will not flatten on it's own
• Cook until each side is golden brown. You'll want to flip the pancakes back and forth.
• Once they are not longer squishy set aside and keep warm underneath foil. Spray more oil in the pan as needed and continue the process with the remaining batter.

You'll get 15-20 pancakes on average

Serving size is five pancakes they're 2.5 WW points and 155 calories