Celebrity Make Up Artist Tips: Applying Bronzer And Blush

Bronzer and blush where relatively new to me, up until 2 years back. In highschool the only make-up I would wear where: powder, clear mascara and some liner. So when my friend introduced me to Rimmel Natural Bronzer (with shimmer) she swore using it along with my usual make up would totally make me go from night to day.... She was so right!

I've recently opted for a more glowy look by using blush instead and picking which one I can choose can seem like a life altering decision. I want the flushes cheeks, but don't want to give up the warmth and tan bronzer has to offer.. Sigh.



I've read in several articles and on other blogs that using the 2 together is a big no-no. Done the right way you can definitly make it work though. The trick is in using the right brushes and highlighting the right areas.

Below I've posted a video tutorial by celebrity (a.k.a. Kate Moss and Escada!) make up artist Elke Von Freudenberg.

She gives tips for using bronzer and blush together, the mistakes people make when using bronzer and where to apply.

DONT'S:
-use a powder brush/kabuki brush for applying bronzer. You want to use a blush brush to simply HIGHLIGHT where the sun would hit your face, not get it all over yor face.
-apply it to the middle of your forehead. It will only make it look dirty.